Winter Safety Tips
Cold weather brings many challenges with it. Follow our winter safety tips below to help you stay safe while enjoying our facilities and the outdoors. Please remember that safety should be your first priority when working out.
- Plan ahead for wintery conditions by wearing shoes that provide traction on snow or ice.
- Give yourself sufficient time and plan your route. Take smaller steps, walk slowly and keep your hands out of your pockets and free for balance.
- To help keep our floors and machines clean and safe, please remember to wear a different pair of shoes/boots outdoors. Please have a clean pair of workout shoes.
- Most of the mind/body classes do not require shoes; however, we require them when walking throughout the club. Please do not walk barefoot throughout the club.
- Use the designated entrance and exit of the facility.
- If you brave the outdoor elements for walking or running, wear bright, reflective gear and stay on the designated paths and walkways, especially in the dark.
For other exercise tips, schedule a session with one of our Personal Trainers or contact Brian Balkam at (847) 535-7621.